1. Find the board you want to export and click on "board options"
From your dashboard or inside a team, you will find the board options located to the right in the board list. Click on the three dots to open the board options, and select "Export board". Please note exporting boards is only available to users on a Business and Enterprise subscription.
If you are inside the board you want to export, click on the three dots next to the board title, and select "Export board".
2. Select the format you want to export as
Upwave Boards can be exported in two formats; CSV or JSON.
Export as CSV
CSV (Comma Separated Values) is an ideal format for spreadsheets as it is basically a column/row grid of data. As a drawback, each cell in this grid can't hold complex data. Exporting an Upwave board as CSV will bring these fields:
- Card (the title of the card)
- Column (the name of the column which it lives)
- Color (the name of the color attribute if the card has a color)
- Assigned to (a list of names of the assigned persons)
- Completed date
- Due date
- Estimate (if time tracking is enabled)
- Time spent (if time tracking is enabled)
The dates will be in the timezone of the person who did the export.
Export as JSON
The JSON format is highly flexible and will contain more complex data and relations. Exporting a Board in Upwave as a JSON file will bring along all your data intact. Be aware that this may reveal sensitive information, such as account emails, if you were to give that file to others.
The JSON file cannot be imported in other systems (except JSON viewer applications), but will enable you to restore a complete board in Upwave, send it to others who can restore it, or take a personal backup. It also provides a clever possibility of making your own templating system for repeated projects.