- Supported features
- Configuration steps
- Single Sign-On (OpenID Connect) initiated via Okta
- Automatically creates user accounts in Upwave when Single-Sign-On initiated by your Okta users
- Install the Upwave application in your Okta instance
- If you haven't already, sign up and create an Upwave Workspace (www.upwave.io)
- The Okta Single Sign-On integration is only available for Workspaces on the Business and Enterprise plans
- Make sure that the Workspace members' emails exactly match their Okta accounts
- Complete the steps below to set everything up
After installing the application, you need to obtain some information that you will have to send to Upwave. You will also need to edit one of the App-settings.
Gather information from Okta
- In the Okta admin page, click on the Upwave application and then navigate to the Sign On tab
- Copy the values of Client ID and Client secret (click the eye button to toggle the visibility)
- There should be a section that has a link titled OpenID Provider Metadata. Click this link. In the JSON document shown, look for a key titled “issuer” and copy the URL-value
Gather miscellaneous information
Locate and copy your Upwave Workspace homepage URL by signing in to your Upwave Workspace and then click the Upwave icon in the upper left corner.
Then copy the entire URL from the browser window. The URL should look like this: https://project.upwave.io/workspace/555/ (555 will be replaced with your unique identifier)
Send the information to Upwave
Once you have all the information (summarized below), email it to email@example.com.
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Issuer URL
- Upwave Workspace homepage URL
Upwave support will handle your request and get back to you once the integration is configured.
Edit Upwave app
In the Sign On tab of your Upwave app in Okta, click edit in the upper-right then scroll down to the ADVANCED SIGN-ON SETTINGS and locate the field Client ID. Paste inn your Client ID value and save.
To best utilize the Okta integration for your organization, create an Upwave Board with some general instructions that will greet new users. To do this, 1) create a Workspace visible Team, 2) Create a Team visible Board, 3) This Board is now accessible for all Workspace members (read-only).